Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Yosemite Falls - film scan from 2003

<a href=photo" width="449" height="640">

Yosemite Falls - film scan from 2003

View in FULL size. I recently discovered 6 roll of film/prints I didn't realize I had from a trip to Yosemite back in 2003. This is very exciting for me and I hope I can discover some gems. On this trip I had my new digital camera, a Nikon Coolpix 5000, but being new to it I also took along my film camera, a Minolta Maxxum and various lenses.

On this day we hiked from Glacier Point down to the valley floor via Vernal and Nevada Falls. An excruciating 11 mile journey, not all downhill BTW! LOL This shot of Yosemite Falls really shows it's massive height as well as the surrounding terrain you can't see from the valley floor.

I scanned this using my new Kodak scanner. I'm actually pretty impressed with the overall photo after scanning it then editing it in Photoshop. More to come!

Tags

Yosemite Falls

Glacier Point

Trail

Merced River

water

waterfall

flow

cascade

Explore

Interesting

Interestingness

National Park

Mountain

valley

forest

tree

Topaz Labs

DeNoise

InFocus

Adjust

Adobe

CS2

Photoshop

Yosemite

Yosemite Valley

Northern California

CA

California

USA

vacation

nature

travel

landscape

Minolta

Maxxum

35mm

Film

Kodak

Scanner

Scan

photographersnature.com

photo

picture

photographer

June

2003

Dave Toussaint

nikon coolpix 5000, minolta maxxum, kodak scanner, yosemite falls, massive height, film prints, mile journey, new digital camera, glacier point, nikon coolpix, coolpix 5000, maxxum, film camera, yosemite, btw, gems, photo

Flickr.com

No comments:

Post a Comment