Monday, January 16, 2012

Golden Brown

photo

Golden Brown

Sailing on the Swan River Golden Brown

Processed using Flypaper Textures: Lime Plaster & Oxford Parchment & JGTextures: Pearly Blue & Pearlescence

Posted to the group 112 in 2012 #53. Summer

For Music Monday, I selected a lilting summery song from The Stranglers: one of my favourite bands during my late teens/early twenties. Golden Brown was their biggest hit, but when it was released I didn't like it because it was too mellow. It's grown on me over the decades as I've mellowed.
My favourite Stranglers songs (still) are: Tank (I can drive [drive] my very own), Nice n' Sleazy (does it every time), and Toiler on the Sea, which was a bit embarrassing to sing along with because I misheard it as I am a toilet on the sea - but I did sing along, loudly, nonetheless ... what a dag.

Tags

Sailing

Boat

SailBoat

Boys

YoungMenReally

Sunset

Golden

Water

Reflections

SwanRiver

QuarantinePark

Perth&Surrounds

WesternAustralia

Australia

Summer

January

2012

CanonEOS450D

CanonEF70-200mmf/2.8LisIIUSM

PostProcessed

TexturesInLayers

FlypaperTextures

112in2012

MusicMondays

WithASong

TheStranglers

GoldenBrown

RememberingToby

The Stranglers, the Swan River Golden BrownProcessed, Oxford Parchment

Flickr.com

No comments:

Post a Comment